We are very aware at Amy's of the huge problem of plastics waste in the retail industry. We're doing our bit as a small business to minimise our contribution to the problem by taking the following steps:
- When packing up customer orders we re-use bubble wrap and air pillows that have come from our suppliers rather than using new material. When needed we use tissue paper and brown paper for packaging.
- Any materials that our suppliers send that we can't re-use (such as mailing bags) we recycle.
- We're phasing out the use of plastic parcel tape in favour of paper tape.
- We use biodegradable mailing bags to protect our cardboard boxes when shipping during wet weather and internationally.
- For small items we re-use padded bags that have come from our suppliers. If we need a new bag we only use Jiffy Green bags that are padded with paper, not plastic.